Conditions We Treat
Exercise Physiologist conducted sessions are tailored to each individual to treat a wide range of conditions and concerns including, but not limited to:
- Cardiovascular conditions: Hypertension, strokes, pacemakers, arrhythmias, heart attacks and heart disease.
- Metabolic conditions: Type II diabetes, pre-diabetes, dyslipidaemia and obesity.
- Musculoskeletal conditions: Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, joint replacements, strains/sprains, tendonitis as well as any joint pain.
- Neurological conditions: Chronic fatigue, brain injury, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, dementia, Alzheimer’s and chronic pain.
- Mental health conditions: Depression, anxiety, stress and PTSD.
- Respiratory/pulmonary conditions: Asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cystic fibrosis.
- Other chronic conditions such as chronic kidney disease and cancers.
- Pre/post surgery rehabilitative exercises.
- Falls prevention and balance improvement.
- Difficulty maintaining motivation.
Exercise physiologists will develop tailored exercise prescription programs & lifestyle management plans to treat your current conditions or injuries and prevent further complications while taking into consideration medications and physical/mental limitations.
“I have been suffering a lung condition for years and nothing seemed to allow me to get back to playing with the grandkids on the floor. I now have an exercise routine that has made me fitter, stronger and all healthier.”
Gladys – Narangba, Brisbane
“I have been seeing Mitch for a while now for diabetes and I actually really look forward to the consultations. He keeps me on the right track.”
Janeece – Rothwell, Brisbane
“I have been suffering in my back for years from labor work as a bricky, even though I am not doing that work anymore. I now have a set routine of exercises and my back is seizing up far less than it used to. This wasn’t my first option to help with pain but i wish it had of been.”
John – Kallangur, Brisbane
“I went and saw Mitch after a motorcycle accident after a physiotherapist recommended him and found the treatment plan really helped me recover a lot quicker than I otherwise would have.”
Tony – Deception Bay
“Mitch was fantastic at helping me gain more flexibility and strength in my joints after a knee surgery, very easy to talk to and the follow up care was very good.”
Ellen – Burpengary, Brisbane